Update: I'm no longer offering grab bags - please don't send any money, it will be returned immediately. Thank you everyone who took advantage of my offer, and I'm sorry to those of you who contacted me after I ran out. I was very surprised by the amount of emails I received regarding this, however, I'm happy that my polishes will be going to good homes. :) In total I sent out about 450 polishes, and gave away another 100-200 locally.
Hi everyone! I mentioned in my last post that I got a new job for the fall. Well that job requires a big move - from Toronto to Georgia (USA), and in exactly two weeks, movers will be here to pick up all my beloved possessions. Moving is never easy, but I'm finding an international move has an extra level of complexity - I'll definitely be a basket case for the next two weeks!
I've been going through my stuff and paring down as much as possible, and that includes my nail polish collection. While I'd love to take all my pretties to the States with me, I just can't afford to ship 1000+ polishes. And since I don't have local friends who are into nail polish, I thought they'd be better off going back to the nail community.
So I'm giving away grab bags to anyone who is interested. The only catch is that you need to pay for shipping. Since I live in Canada, that means shipping will be a bit higher than some other destashes. However, if you have a small collection, this would be a good way to add to that collection for an affordable price.
Here's all the details about the what, how, where, how much:
- To order: Send your payment via Paypal to email@example.com. Mark as "for goods and services." Make sure to include your shipping address, and in the note, let me know which grab bag size you want. Please order before June 26th!
- Other info to include in note: Please let me know what colours/finishes you do NOT like and I will do my best to not include those. Also if there are any brands that you're particularly interested in please let me know - I'll try to accommodate those requests if I can (keep in mind these are grab bags - if you only want specific items, this is not the destash for you). You can find my stash on the "Stash" page. There are a few high end brands that I'm not parting with including Lynnderella, EP, Chanel and Dior (sorry!).
- Grab bag sizes:
- 3 Polishes: Includes 3 full sized polishes - one indie, one mid-range mainstream (i.e. OPI, China Glaze, Essie), one other (may be boutique, high end, or another indie). Also includes one mini if available.
- 7 Polishes: Includes 7 full sized polishes - two indies, one mid-range mainstream, one boutique (i.e. Cult Nails, A England, etc.), one high end or boutique, one drugstore polish (i.e. Pure Ice, Sinful, NOPI), and one other of my choice.
- Condition of polishes:
- All polishes are full sized and either unused or swatched once. With the exception of the Nerds which have been used more than once - but whoever gets those hopefully won't mind, right?! All polishes are still in good condition - any polishes that are faded, dried up, etc. will NOT be included. Some may have slight evaporation, but otherwise are in very good condition.
- Prices (Canadian Dollars):
- USA: 3 Polish Grab Bag, $9; 7 Polish Grab Bag, $12
- Canada: 7 Polish Grab Bag: Email for shipping quote before ordering, it will be in the $9-14 range. Edit: Please give me your postal code when requesting a shipping quote!
- International: 3 Polish Grab Bag, $10.50; 7 Polish Grab Bag, $20.50
- China Glaze, Cirque, Pretty & Polished, Different Dimensions, Jindie Nails, Girly Bits, Serum No. 5, OPI, NOPI, Essie, Deborah Lippmann, Wingdust, Lacquer Lust, Liquid Sky Lacquer, A England, Cadillacquer, Contrary Polish, Pahlish, Hare, Lumina Lacquer, and more...
- Shipping does not include tracking or insurance. Please make sure your address is correct. If a package arrives damaged, I'll work with you to deal with that. However, I'm not responsible for packages lost or seized by customs. If you would like tracking and insurance, please email me beforehand.
- Leave a comment, or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
I've been selling online through my shop Renaissance Cosmetics for almost 2 years now, so I think I've developed a reputation for being a reputable seller. In the hundreds of orders I've mailed out, I've only had a problem on three occasions, all with a method of shipping that I no longer use (surface mail).
If you'd like a grab bag, please send your payment on or before June 26th (I'm moving, remember!).