When I started the Beginning Blogger's Bootcamp I knew from the beginning that I wanted to have an interactive component. It is essential for learning. If you are interested in participating (and I encourage all of you who have been following to participate), you will need to sign up ASAP - the deadline to sign up is December 12th. I would like to finish this series before the holidays when people start to take off. Also, I figured if I ran the group critique over a longer period of time, the people who signed up later would not get as much feedback as the people who signed up earlier.
Here's how it works:
- If you are a blogger who would like feedback on your blog, please sign up with the InLinkz. below. Your link can be your general blog link, or a link to a specific post - for example, if you have a particular nail design that you are proud of.
- This group critique is for people who blog about nail polish and nail arts. Beauty blogs are also acceptable. If the primary focus of your blog is not nail polish and/or beauty related, please don't sign up.
- By signing up, you commit to visiting a minimum of three other blogs that have signed up.
- When visiting other blogs, leave a comment on their blog post giving them feedback about their blog.
- Feedback should take the form of constructive criticism - tell them something they are doing well, and something that needs improvement.
- Feedback should be in the spirit of a positive and encouraging exchange. If you just want to criticize and denigrate other bloggers, this isn't the place. It is possible to make suggestions for improvement while still being nice about it.
- If you are a more experienced blogger (1+ years) and don't need feedback but would like to give feedback, you can sign up, just put mentor next to your name in the InLinkz form.
- Try to give feedback to bloggers who don't have much feedback. Just to ensure that everyone gets some feedback.
- To make sure the critique happens in a timely manner, please sign up by Thursday December 12th, and make sure to visit and comment on three other blogs before Monday December 16th.
If you are not sure what to give feedback on, here are some things to consider:
- Navigation: Is it easy to find things? Can you find out where to follow, leave a comment, learn more about the blogger, find past posts?
- Photos: Are they clear and in focus? Do you have any suggestions for how to improve them?
- Writing: Is the blogger's writing easy to follow? Do they write their posts in one long paragraph or do they break it into easy to read chunks of text?
- Layout/Design: Does the design go well with the content? How is the layout, are the components of the blog organized in a logical manner?
This is very much an experiment, and so if you have any feedback or questions about the whole group critique thing, please leave a comment or send me an email. Thanks!