About Happy Cuticles Treatment Oil (from the Foxy Fingertips website):
"Make your cuticles happy with this treatment oil that smells like vanilla-lime cupcakes. It's special formula moisturises and cares for your cuticles with vitamin E and A and aloe vera oil. This is perfect for those of you allergic to almonds - there's absolutely no almonds in this oil."
My experience: I'm not going to tell you that this cuticle oil is "X times better than the other leading cuticle oil!!" or to "expect amazing results in only two weeks!!" My review is based on my experience using this product and what I like about it. I've been using it on a regular basis - at least once a day - for the past several weeks.
My favourite times to use this are right before bed, and while I'm working at my computer. I also use a touch of cuticle oil while I'm swatching, right before I take my photos - just make sure to rub in well and wipe off any excess. Bloggers, you probably already know that the camera has this lovely way of making your cuticles look worse than they actually are. Well, I find using this makes my cuticles look great for photos, and keeps them hydrated in between trying on and taking off polishes during a long swatching session.
Pros: So what is it exactly that I love about this cuticle oil?
- A light, fruity scent. I love the pairing of vanilla and lime, and I never get tired of the way this cuticle oil smells. If you love fruity scents like I do, you might really enjoy this, I don't find it overwhelming at all.
- Keeps my cuticles moisturized. Duh! What good would a cuticle oil be if it didn't moisturize!? However, I find that using this two times a day will keep my cuticles in better condition throughout the day.
- Soaks in and doesn't feel overly greasy. Granted you don't soak your cuticles in the stuff, I find that this soaks into your cuticles and skin after about 10-15 minutes. I really hate products that are very greasy, so this is a win for me.
- Economical size. While initially this product seems pricey (it retails for about $12), it comes in a 15ml bottle that will last you for a loooooong time. I've been using this product for close to a month now, and you can see the usage in the photo above - I've barely made a dent in this and I could see this lasting for many more months. :)
- Availability. Honestly, the only con I can think of is that you have to order it online, which is standard for all indie brands. However, if you are one of those people who doesn't like to shop online, this product may not be for you.
While I've really enjoyed using this cuticle oil, can I really say that it is better than its competition? I only own a few cuticle oils and my general impression is that they are fairly similar and so the decision to buy one over the other boils down to general preferences regarding ingredients and scents. I will say that this one works just as good as the others I've tried (in my limited experience), and that it's worth trying for yourself.
Foxy Paws Happy Cuticles Treatment Oil is available from Foxy Fingertips (European and International buyers). Follow Foxy Paws on Facebook and Instagram.
*Product was provided as a gift, all opinions are my own. See my disclosure policy for more details.*